“Sophie is superb at creating a safe environment in which challenges can be explored. The objectives she set in coaching were stretching but encouraged me to think deeply about ‘me’ and my style of leadership and management – and set me on my own journey of self-discovery.” Partner, UK professional services organisation
Sophie works with senior leadership teams – her particular specialism is helping leaders deal with change. With a wealth of experience as a change consultant for both SMEs and global companies – focusing especially on their client relationship management skills – she empowers her clients to access more from their abilities and potential. That enhances both their impact and performance.
There is an energy and dynamism to Sophie’s coaching, which is never too formulaic. Her empathetic approach puts clients at their ease and, through a mix of curiosity and creativity, she aims for a lightness of touch that helps leaders to get results and feel a sense of fulfilment. Many say that they find her approach – which pushes boundaries – energising and insightful and that they value the clarity, challenge and inspiration that she offers them.
“Coaching is about many things,” she says. “Primarily, it is the opportunity for you to do some really great thinking about the changes you would like to make – changes that will have a positive impact on your life and your work – and then to have confidential conversations with me around ensuring that those changes are implemented. Ultimately, I draw on my own natural curiosity to support leaders to overcome modern-day challenges and achieve results for their business.”
When not focused on completing her PhD in Business Coaching, Sophie is an enthusiastic participant in the arts world and loves to travel and experience different cultures.
“I bring my whole self to my work as a coach and run with my clients,” she says. Within that framework, she is committed to continual professional and personal development and has a robust backdrop of up-to-date thinking to draw on. As part of her focus on positive learning opportunities, Sophie undertakes at least one training programme each year, reads widely, has formal supervision, and asks all her clients for constructive feedback in order to improve her coaching.
Professional training and development
• Meyler Campbell Business Coach programme, accredited by the Association for Coaching
• Certified Business Coach (CBC™) Worldwide Association of Business Coaches (WABC)™
• Member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC)™
• Adherence to both the WABC and EMCC code of ethics
• Ashridge Business School: Coaching for Organisational Consultants programme
• Mindfulness for Coaches
• Accredited Thinking Partner coach within Nancy Kline’s ‘Thinking Environment’® programme
• Myers Briggs MBTI® Advanced Coaching and Leadership Development
• Myers Briggs MBTI® Step 1, Step 11
• BA, Business Studies, Birmingham University
• Certificate in Executive Management, Monash University, Australia
• Post graduate diploma in Adult Learning, Northern Territory University, Australia
• British Psychological Society – member of special group in coaching
• Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
• Board member of APECS (Association for Professional Executive Coaching and Supervision)
Mobile phone +44 (0)7714 838 581
Phone: +44 (0)20 7764 0719
33 St James's Square
London SW1Y 4JS
© odysseymentor 2017
Registered in England
Company Number 2107958